Trappers and Traders
This rich, varied, and hands-on classroom program will address many fur trade objectives in the grade 4, 5, and 7 social studies curriculum and will be brought right into your classroom!
A historically costumed interpreter will arrive on your school's doorstep bringing furs, trade goods, and an exciting interactive game that will allow the students in your classroom to explore how the fur trade worked at Dunvegan.
Total time: 1.5 hours per program
- 1 program - $110
- 2 programs - $165
- 3 programs - $195
- 4 programs - $210
- A fee of $0.50 per kilometre is charged in addition to all program fees
- Additional charges may apply if there are more than 25 students per group
- 4.2 - The Stories, Histories and People of Alberta
- 5.2 - Histories and Stories of Ways of Life in Canada
- 7.1 - Toward Confederation
- Please download the T&T Outreach Teacher Package for information on preparation, payment, feedback, and more.
- Consider watching Dunvegan: Where the Trails Cross with your class for an introduction to Dunvegan's history.